Top repository - CVRPLIB
The best repository is CVRPLIB. This repository contains Capacitated Vehicle Routing Problem instances in an easy accessible way.
Taxonomy of test-instances is explained in Eduardo Uchoa et al. (2017). Below is a summary of the notation used for the instances.
- Number of customers \(n\)
- Number of trucks \(k\)
- Central (C) depot in the center of the grid, point (50 0,50 0).
- Eccentric (E) –depot in the corner of the grid, point (0,0).
- Random (R) –depot in a random point of the grid.
- Random (R) –all customers are positioned in random points of the grid.
- Clustered (C) – a number S of customers that will act as cluster seeds is picked from an uniform discrete distribution UD[3,8]. Next, the S seeds are randomly positioned in the grid. The seeds will then attract, with an exponential decay
- Random-clustered (RC) - half of the customers are clustered by the above described scheme, the remaining customers are randomly positioned.
- Unitary (U) –all demands have value 1.
- Small values, large CV (1–10) – demands from UD[1,10].
- Small values, small CV (5–10) – demands from UD[5,10].
- Large values, large CV (1–100) –demands from UD[1,100].
- Large values, small CV (50–100) –demands from UD[50,100].
- Depending on quadrant (Q)
- Many small values, few large values (SL)
This contains several new instances and mirrors test-instances from other repositories. Go to download folder
A collection of test-instances prepared for the multiple Travelling Salesmen Problem (mTSP). These are available as Matlab files. They were used to gain insights about the Balanced-Dynamic (BD) mTSP. Go to download folder
Some of the above mentioned test-instances were used for:
The VRP Web contains many test instances, including explanations and other material. (NEO=Networking and Emerging Optimization): CVRP instances.
TSPLIB is a classic library about the Travelling Salesman Problem: sTSP, aTSP, CVRP.
ZIB Zuse Institute Berlin
ABEFMP instances were popular up to about 2010 (ABEFMP each letter represents a class, from Augerat, Eilon, Fisher, Mingozzi, etc.)